This is the third in a series of five sequential assignments (the course project) in which you continue to act as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of a hypothetical e-commerce start-up company of your design.You have been working on delivering an information technology project plan in anticipation of the company relocating to a new facility.
- In the first course project deliverable, you created a project plan inception document and supporting Gantt chart.
- In the second course project deliverable, you developed the business requirements to be incorporated into the information systems design you are creating. You also updated your original supporting Gantt chart based on major and minor tasks identified in the business requirements document.
In this third course project deliverable, you will create an infrastructure design that considers the key elements of software, hardware, security, and business process flow for your e-commerce startup company. You will also use graphics tools to create a supporting data flow diagram (DFD) for your infrastructure design. The infrastructure design provides an opportunity to visualize the key elements and how they are connected for maximum effectiveness.This assignment consists of two-parts:
Part 1: Infrastructure Design
You will create an 8–10 page infrastructure design document to include key technical elements for your hypothetical e-commerce company’s information systems infrastructure.
Part 2: Updated Gantt Chart
You will use Microsoft Project to again update the supporting project Gantt chart begun in your first course project deliverable:
- You are not creating a new Gantt chart, only updating the one you created in the previous assignment with the major and minor tasks uncovered while creating the infrastructure design document.
- You are to create or infer all necessary assumptions to successfully complete this assignment.
- You must submit both parts as separate files to the assignment area. Label each file name according to the appropriate part.
Part 1: Infrastructure Design Document
Write an 8–10 page infrastructure design document in which you:
- Identify the major hardware and software components of your hypothetical e-commerce company’s information systems infrastructure.
- Design your e-commerce company’s hardware (database, proxy servers, network equipment) and software (analytics, big data, API, content management) from a size, scale, type, and interoperability standards perspective.
- Document the potential security vulnerabilities and a security design for your e-commerce company.
- Use graphics tools to create a data flow diagram (DFD) for your e-commerce company.
- Use three sources to support your writing. (Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. Access the library or review library guides for help with research, writing, and citation.)
Part 2: Updated Gantt Chart
Use Microsoft Project to:
- Update the previously created Gantt chart with the major and minor tasks identified in the infrastructure design document.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for the infrastructure design portion of your assignment to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose a design to address hardware, software, and security aspects of an entity’s information systems infrastructure.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."