Read the following articles:
- Dharma: The social order. The Pluralism Project.
- The U.S. Class Divide Extends to Searching for a Religious Congregation.
- How Income Varies Among U.S. Religious Groups.
- The textbook discusses dharma on page 74 and suggests that social castes and classes practice dharma differently. The article, Dharma: The Social Order, from the Pluralism Project at Harvard, goes a step further to show that one’s caste or social level requires certain duties be performed to retain the order of the universe. The articles by Schwadel and Masci suggest income levels affect the selection of religious affiliation and thus religious rituals and missions in certain communities.
Based on this week’s readings, write a 1–2 page reflection in which you:
- Explain whether all social classes and castes can or should practice religion the same way and why.
- Describe one example from one of the three articles that illustrates different religious practices between social classes and castes, including details.
- Use two credible sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this activity is:
- Examine the ethical systems of major religions.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."