1. Describe the anatomy of the basic unit of the nervous system, the neuron. Include each part of the neuron and a general overview of electrical impulse conduction, the pathway it travels, and the net result at the termination of the impulse. Be specific and provide examples. Explain the following:
· What are the major components that make up the subcortical structures?
· Which component plays a role in learning, memory, and addiction?
· What are the two key neurotransmitters located in the nigra striatal region of the brain that play a major role in motor control?
2. Explain how glia cells function in the central nervous system. Be specific and provide examples.
3. The synapse is an area between two neurons that allows for chemical communication. Explain what part of the neurons are communicating with each other and in which direction does this communication occur? Be specific.
4. Explain the concept of “neuroplasticity.” Be specific and provide examples.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."